DONEGAL TRAVELLERS PROJECT
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT WORKER, RETHINK IRELAND FUNDED
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE POST:
The EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT WORKER (EDW) will work as part of the
Donegal Travellers Project, Education Development Team and with the
local Traveller and Roma community, primary and post-primary schools,
and any other relevant services across Donegal that can contribute to
improving educational outcomes for Traveller children and young
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are to:
* Develop and maintain working relationships with the Traveller and
Roma community and education providers across Donegal.
* Promote positive relationships between the Traveller and Roma
community and education providers including promoting interculturalism
and raising awareness of the rights of Traveller children to improve
outcomes from education.
* Implement the local action plan for the education project with
* Develop an innovative and creative response to engage Traveller
and Roma children and young people to promote culture, identity, pride
* Develop an innovative programme which collects the narratives of
education as experienced by the Traveller and Roma community.
* Prepare and produce work reports for the DTP board of management,
project manager and relevant others as and when required.
* Participate on training relevant to this role.
The worker will carry out any other task explicit to addressing
educational disadvantage as advised by Education Development Team
Lead, management team and Rethink Ireland.
This job is temporary / part time to be agreed on recruitment of
The main office is:
* Celtic Apartment,
F *YF *
With a second office in Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal.
The job is employed by Donegal Travellers Project CLG. The staff
member is expected to be compliant in line with the DTP staffing
handbook, good governance including Child Protection, Health and
Safety and risk management. Salary will be in line with DTP’s
Please send CVs to **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
Closing date is FRIDAY THE **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**RD OF FEBRUARY AT
We need : English (Good)