Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a
stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are
socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service
in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our
services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and
decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership
with central and local government, housing associations and other
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard **Apply
on the website** hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a
pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core
DEPAUL WISHES TO RECRUIT TO THE FOLLOWING ROLE:
NIGHT SUPPORT WORKER
FIXED TERM CONTRACT
ACROSS DUBLIN SERVICES
SALARY € **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**,**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** PER
ANNUM, FULL TIME HOURS (**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.5 HOURS)
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide support to our
organisation’s central services team in Dublin. Depaul is a
values-led organisation working with a number of services throughout
Dublin and Belfast. This role will report directly to the Local
Management Team and will be responsible for responding effectively to
service user needs and to security alerts and ensure that the safety,
welfare and well-being of the service users are protected throughout
the night. This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse team of
2. KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
* To work with all service users to win their trust and respect and
to deal with difficult or problematic situations in a sensitive
* In conjunction with residents and ancillary team, to ensure that
the house is kept to a good standard of tidiness, cleanliness and
hygiene including communal areas and bathrooms. Encouraging service
users to take responsibility for maintaining their own environment,
and supporting them with laundry and cleaning tasks where appropriate.
* Night time security and monitoring of the building and its
environs. Staffing reception area as necessary.
* Supervision of service users with particular attention to service
users with high care needs and offering support when required.
* Where necessary and in conjunction with the nurse and the staff
team, to support service users with their prescriptions and proper
taking of medication as prescribed by their doctors and to adhere to
their alcohol intake plans. To record and report any non-compliance of
* To encourage and support service users to develop skills in
managing their daily living.
* To alert a member of the management team to any crisis or
behaviour management issues and to use the On-call manager during out
of hour’s times when necessary.
* In conjunction with project team, to assist residents with
personal monies, service charge payments, etc where necessary.
* Carry out project administration tasks such as upkeep of petty
cash, project statistics, invoices, record keeping, Service User’s
files, OTIS, IR and AR completion etc.
* To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the
project in accordance with Depaul’s Health and Safety policy and the
projects Safety Statement.
* To undertake assigned duties regarding the overall health and
safety and security of the service and to use security systems put in
* To work as a member of a multi-disciplined team in the best
interests of the residents
* To attend and participate in team meetings and staff team days.
* To participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal, and
help in identifying your own job-related development and training
* To ensure that all Depaul policies and procedures are being
adhered to, particularly those relating to Health and Safety, Code of
Practice and Confidentiality.
* To contribute to the effective implementation of Depaul’s Equal
Opportunities Policy as it affects both Depaul and its work with
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility
may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles
is required from time to time.
3. PERSON REQUIREMENTS
* Have at least 1 years’ experience working in the homelessness
field or another suitably related area, desirably in a residential
setting OR A relevant qualification in the social care field, (Social
care/ psychology, nursing etc) Level 5 and above. (ESSENTIAL)
* Have a good standard of education. A Manual handling qualification
would be desirable.
* Have an understanding of harm reduction and low threshold working
* Understand why people become homeless and the issues they present
with, and what supports can be offered in services to service users
with complex needs
* Understanding of risk management principles.
* Capable of responding calmly in a crisis and use your own
initiative to deal with incidents as they arise
* Be able to work as part of a team understanding the importance of
* Have an understanding of Health and Safety and the health and
safety requirements within a residential setting working with homeless
* Have a knowledge and understanding of the vision, mission and
values of Depaul
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Please apply through our online application process on the vacancies
page of our website
We need : English (Good)