The Bridge Project is seeking to recruit a full-time Education
Co-ordinator to drive our education and training programmes for the
The Bridge Project is a community based organisation located in
Francis Street, Dublin 8. The project works with adults with a history
of offending. The core aim of our programme is to address as many
systemic barriers to employment for our clients by offering a wide
range of education, training and skills based courses. In conjunction
with these courses, we also address the causal factors for their
offending behaviour through the use of evidence based, targeted
intervention programmes. The desired outcome of this combined approach
is to create active citizens who have the capacity to contribute
positively to their communities.
The successful candidate will be joining an organisation that is
progressive and innovative in its thinking, at a very exciting time of
development. We are actively working on finding, developing and
implementing sustainable change interventions for our clients.
This Education Co-ordinator position is a full time contract subject
to continued annual funding from the CDETB. The successful candidate
will work alongside our existing multi-disciplinary team and will
report to the Executive Manager.
Bridge receives core funding from the Probation Service and the City
of Dublin Education and Training Board (CDETB).
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
* Be responsible for the day to day development, implementation and
management of our full-time education and training initiatives
* Source and/or develop evidence-based Education, Training &
Employment (ETE) assessments appropriate to the needs of the
organisation and our target group.
* Carry out individual ETE assessments with our clients in line with
their overall care plans.
* Develop ETE progression pathways based on assessed needs.
* Support clients on a one to one and group work basis to ensure
they maximise their opportunities to reach their full potential.
* Liaise with the CDETB to source, secure and support specific
tutors to deliver courses.
* Complete all paperwork and administration duties required by the
* Develop monthly and yearly ETE timetables and disseminate to all
stakeholders using a variety of mediums.
* Seek, secure and maintain training partnerships with external
* Seek, secure, promote and maintain employment partnerships with
external agencies and employers.
* Promote the ETE programme both in house and externally.
* Motivate clients to actively engage in all aspects of the training
and learning initiatives.
* Develop annual ETE plans for the organisation including our
Community Employment scheme and in consultation with key stakeholders.
* Develop an annual ETE budget based on the organisational plan and
record all expenditure.
* Complete necessary online registration and reporting tasks for
various accreditation bodies: City & Guilds, QQI and VTCT.
* Complete bi-monthly ETE reports for the Executive Manager.
* Liaise closely with our Community Employment supervisor to ensure
the DSP requirements for the scheme are being met.
* Co-ordinate and support one to one volunteers who work to provide
additional support to clients
* Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team including external
statutory and voluntary agencies.
* Complete client records using our online client management system.
* Complete specific funding applications, supported by the manager,
designed to improve our education and training opportunities.
* Third Level qualification in a relevant field e.g. adult
education, community development, social care/work.
* Minimum two years’ experience in a co-ordination role within an
organisation working with vulnerable adult target groups such as
offenders, drug users, homelessness persons, early school leavers.
* A proven track record of developing and implementing new
initiatives with clear outcomes.
* Understanding/experience of key-working and/or case management
* Proficiency in using a client management system such as e-CASS –
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* High level of motivation and leadership skills to contribute to
the overall vision and work ethos of Bridge.
* Knowledge of the adult education sector, accreditation bodies and
the criminal justice system.
* Experience of dealing with statutory agencies.
* Knowledge /Experience of Financial management and funding
SALARY Circa € *k
* * days annual leave
* 5% matched contribution to your pension
* Paid Sick Leave Policy
* Paid Maternity Leave Policy
* Bike to Work Scheme
* Commuter Travel Tax Savers Ticket
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please submit a CV and cover letter to **APPLY ON THE
The closing date for applications is MONDAY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH
FEBRUARY AT 5PM.
Bridge operates a Garda Vetting policy which means that all candidates
offered a position must complete a current Garda Vetting form. Please
note: a criminal conviction does not necessarily exclude you from
securing the position.
Short-listing will apply.
We need : English (Good)