ASSOCIATED CHARITIES TRUST WISHES TO RECRUIT THE FOLLOWING ROLE:
“AS AND WHEN REQUIRED” BASIS- REQUIRED TO BE AVAILABLE TO COVER
SHIFTS ACROSS A **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**/7 ROTA (INCLUDING WAKING
At Thomond House (Associated Charities Trust C.L.G) we provide housing
and a host of support services for people at risk and homeless in
Limerick. The services include: Emergency accommodation and support
services for women over * years old, long-term
housing for women over * years old and
stability transitional housing for women, men and families.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* To ensure that the practical needs of the service users are met
(i.e. providing food, laundry, clean bedding, etc.)
* To ensure a safe and secure environment and to maintain high
standards within the service.
* To carry out the relevant duties on specific shifts.
* While on shift, to work with other members of the staff team, to
make decisions consistent with the project team.
* To take an active role in the shift handover.
* To ensure that Associated Charities Trusts policies and procedures
are being adhered to, particularly those relating to Health and
Safety, Code of Practice and Confidentiality.
* To respond effectively to service user needs and to ensure that
the safety, welfare and well-being of service users are protected
throughout your shift, day or night.
THE ABOVE LIST IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE; ADDITIONAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
MAY BE ADDED OVER TIME AND FLEXIBILITY TO COVER FOR OTHER STAFF ROLES
IS REQUIRED FROM TIME TO TIME.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* 2 years' experience working in the field of homelessness and/or
* A minimum of level 7 recognised social care qualification or
* Ability to manage challenging behaviour, whilst being respectful
* Excellent communicator, with the ability to advocate on the
* An ability to treat the client group in a non-judgmental and
* Good knowledge of relevant local services and strong ability to
work in partnership with relevant services.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Strong Interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Good conflict resolution skills
APPLICATIONS FOR THE ABOVE POSITION TO BE MADE TO THE MANAGER VIA POST
- ASSOCIATED CHARITIES TRUST, THOMOND HOUSE, THOMONDGATE, LIMERICK OR
BY EMAIL TO **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** ATTACHING A COVER LETTER
(OUTLINING YOUR PARTICULAR SUITABILITY TO THE ROLE) WITH AN UPDATED
CURRICULUM VITAE. CLOSING DATE FOR RELIEF WORKER POSITION 9TH OCTOBER
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** SHORT LISTING OF APPLICATIONS WILL APPLY.
NOTE: GARDA VETTING IS REQUIRED (OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE)
We need : English (Good)